Information about cookies
The following agreement applies to the Site's policies regarding personal information provided to the Site administration by Users.
2. Information for Users
The information we receive through cookies helps us to provide you with our services in a way that is most useful to you and can also help us to understand our readers. For example: If you visit a particular section of the Site and you visit that section, we might recognize it in a cookie when you visit the Site next time and highlight the articles in that section on your subsequent visits to the Site.
3. COOKIE INFORMATION
A cookie is a small amount of data, often including a unique, anonymous identifier, sent to your browser by a site's computer and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each site can send its own cookies to your computer, if your browser settings allow it. At the same time (to protect your privacy), your browser only allows sites to access your own cookies, but does not allow them to use the same cookies left by other sites.
Cookies store information about your online preferences. Users can set up their computers to automatically accept all cookies, or to receive a warning each time a site tries to write its own cookie to the user's hard drive, or not accept any cookies at all. The latter option means that some personal services cannot be provided to users, and that users who choose this setting will not be able to fully access all areas of the Site.
Every browser is unique, so refer to your browser's "Help" feature to learn how to set up cookies.
Cookies are widely used by site owners to make their sites work or to improve performance and analytical information.
The site and its service providers may use different types of cookies on their websites:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for the site to function properly, they allow Users to navigate and use the Site. These cookies do not identify Users as individuals. If Users do not agree to use this type of cookie, it may affect the performance of the Site, or its components.
- Performance, efficiency and analytics cookies. These cookies help us understand how Users interact with the Site by providing information about the areas they have visited and the amount of time they have spent on the Site, and they show us problems in the operation of the Internet resource, such as error messages. This helps to improve the performance of the site. Analytics cookies also help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and optimize the content of our sites for those who are interested in our ads. This type of cookie cannot be used to identify you. All information that is collected and analyzed is completely anonymous.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognize Users returning to the Site. They allow the content of the Site to be individually tailored to Users. If Users block this type of cookie, it may affect the performance and functionality of the Site and may limit access to content on the Site.
- Advertising Cookies. These cookies record information about a User's online activity, including sites and pages visited, as well as information about the links and ads Users choose to view. One purpose is to reflect the content on the Websites that is most relevant to Users. Another is to allow advertising or other information to be presented in a way that more closely matches the User's interests.
4. Collection and use of information
Cookies are used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Facilitate itself and third parties to obtain information about Users' visits to the Site.
- Analyze information about User visits to improve the Site.
- Provide advertisements, messages, and content created by us and third parties on the Site and on other people's sites, taking into account the User's interests.
- Assist User in obtaining necessary information.
- Determine the number of visitors and how they use our site - to improve the effectiveness of the site and to best understand the interests of their audience.
5. Cookie retention period
Some cookies last from the time you log in to the site until the end of that particular browser session. When you close the browser, these cookies become obsolete and are automatically deleted. These cookies are called "session cookies.
Some cookies also stay on your device between browsing sessions - they do not expire when you close your browser. These cookies are called "persistent cookies. The retention period for persistent cookies on your device varies from cookie to cookie. We and other companies use persistent cookies for various purposes, such as to determine how often you visit or return to our sites, how your use of the Site changes over time, and to measure the effectiveness of advertising.
Cookies may be placed on your device by the Site administration. These cookies are called "native cookies. Some cookies may be placed on your device by other operators. These cookies are called "third party" cookies.
6. Using Web Tracking and Cookies
We use software to determine the number of users who visit our Web site and the frequency of their visits. We do not use software to collect personal data or IP addresses of individuals. The data is used solely anonymously in aggregate form for statistical purposes, as well as for website development.
We do not create an individual profile of your online activities. The content of permanent cookies is limited to an identification number. Name, e-mail address, IP address, etc. are not stored.
There is an exception: Yandex.Metrika cookies.
7. Third-party cookies
Third-party cookies in embedded content
Please note: As you may notice, when you visit some pages on our websites, cookies are created that are not Site-specific. When you visit a page with content inserted from, for example, YouTube or Vimeo websites, these service providers may create their own cookies in your browser. The site has no control over the use of these cookies and cannot access them because of the way cookies work - only the party who originally created them has access to them. Look for more information about these cookies on third-party websites.
We use web analytics services such as Yandex.Metrika, GoogleAnalytics to help us understand how people use our websites and thereby ensure that they are relevant, usable, and up-to-date with our content. These services use data collection technologies such as web beacons. Web beacons are small electronic images that place cookies, count the number of visits and measure the usage and effectiveness of a website. In turn, this information helps us understand what information visitors to our sites are interested in and provides personalized content for our websites. Web beacons are anonymous and do not contain or collect any personally identifying information.
The information is anonymous and used solely for statistical purposes. Web analytics data and cookies cannot be used to identify you because they never contain personal information, including your name or email address.
8. Cookie management
You may use our Site without cookies. You may disable cookies, limit their creation to specific websites, or set your browser to notify you when cookies are sent. You can also delete cookies from your PC's hard drive at any time (file: "cookies"). Please note: if you do so, the display of pages and site guides will be limited.
Most browsers allow you to control most cookies to some extent through your browser settings.
Not all visitors to our site use web browsers. For example, some users access DHL websites or applications from mobile devices. If this is the case, it may not be possible to disable cookies or change your web browser settings.
Most Web browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. You can change the settings so that the browser blocks cookies or warns you when these types of files are sent to your device. There are several ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser's instructions to learn more about how to adjust or change your browser settings.
If you disable cookies, it may affect the User's online experience. If User uses different devices to browse and access the Site (e.g., computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.), User should ensure that each browser on each device is configured to work with cookies.